As the business moves to the next phase of its evolution, we are seeking a Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer who shares our passion to deliver a first-class customer experience. You must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of network technologies, be a competent trouble shooter and able to resolve software/network issues within voice and data environments.
The role represents a unique opportunity for the right candidate to make their mark in an ambitious, successful and rapidly transforming business.
This role reports to the Technical Support Manager.
The overall purpose of the role is to deliver hardware and software support for our voice and data recording products to over 2000 customers globally. Key responsibilities are:
- Incident / Problem management ensuring all customer SLA’s and departmental KPI’s are achieved through the timely case resolution and effective communication
- Communicating effectively with Helpdesk Analysts to ensure they can effectively communicate with the customer
- Fault investigation by analysis of log files and Network traces
- Detailed problem reproduction on support test labs
- Working with the team to ensure daily case load is well managed
- Highlighting areas of risk as soon as they are apparent
- Detail handover of more challenging cases to support management and development teams
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- MS Operating systems (Server 2012,2016 & 2019. Windows 7-10
- Networks and Active Directory, strong understanding of networking technologies (including TCP/IP, DHCP, VLAN, QOS, and various WAN technologies)
- Previous experience in application support
- At least 3 years’ technical support experience within support / delivery function which managed complex software / voice / networking environments
- Customer facing experience with an ability to demonstrate being able to manage the support requirements of demanding customers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Any additional experience in the following would be favourable:
- SIP, RTP, G.711, G.729, H.323
- Troubleshooting and resolving network/telecommunications issues
- Voice and data products including CISCO Routers & Switches, VMware MS Hyper-V technologies
- Technical certifications (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA, AVAYA)
We value people who can support our Red Box employee value proposition ‘courageous, competitive, collaborative’
Closing date: Friday 28th August 2020.