Purpose of Role
The role will be responsible for the co-ordination of service focus areas within the support organisation. This may include handling escalations, major incidents or seeing through key work activities through to completion outside of normal office hours. Operating through customer facing teams, ensuring efficient resolution to minimise business impact whilst providing effective stakeholder communication.
The role will be an initial point of escalation for ensuring that both relationships and processes are operating effectively across lines of service and customers as per process.
Reports into Service Desk Manager
Hours of work
Weekly rotation of 11am – 7pm (Mon – Fri) and 5pm – 1am (Mon – Fri)
Up to £30k per annum, depending on experience + 20% unsociable hours bonus
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Own all communications during major incidents and escalations, ensuring management and clients are kept updated as required
- Review communications history for executive alerts, coaching those who produce alerts that do not meet or exceed our quality and timeliness standards
- Acting as the incident escalation focal point, identifying and resolving conflict and bottlenecks. Create agreed action plans with named actions & deadlines with accountability for the delivery of that plan
- Be part of a team providing 24x7 cover for major incident, escalations and crisis situations
- Acts as point of contact for all Major Incidents and escalations (outside business hours, this will be on a Rota basis)
- Allocation and completion of tasks and workload to 24 x 7 Service Desk and Support Engineers
- Apply additional focus to upgrades / planned activities out of hours
- Develop strong customer relationships, offering additional support and advice where possible. Be consistently professional in communication with the customer
- Work with the customer and the business to identify and manage service improvement activities
- Act as an escalation point within the team ensuring all incidents are being dealt with
- Ensure all SLAs are met and exceeded
Skills & Experience
- Able to work at all levels
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Organisation skills – able to prioritise the tasks of themselves and others without close supervision
- Proven complex problem-solving experience
- Has worked for 2 years in an ITIL environment.
- Demonstrable experience of managing, major incidents and escalations
- Demonstrable experience of driving service improvement initiatives to deliver operational benefits and best practice
- Proven ability to build consensus, establish trust, and communicate effectively
- Ability to manage stakeholders, often on a remote basis
- Experience of reviewing urgent escalations, developing action plans and communicating necessary improvements appropriately
- Ability to understand, interpret, prioritise and manage actions as a result of perceived revenue risk
- Demonstrable experience in working within an operations environment with a clear understanding of the principles of performance management and the ability to handle difficult conversations effectively
- Project management experience
- Service Delivery experience
- Sector industry awareness
- Knowledge and experience using Service
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
The role will act as the single point of contact for all major incidents and escalations and ensure that all services from the BAU Operations teams are being delivered to expectation and contract with relation to Major Incidents and escalations.
The key objectives of the role are:
- To co-ordinate restoration to normal service as quickly as possible for Major Incidents and escalated Incidents.
- Management of task deliverables in any given period
- To directly support resources where most required.
- To provide information that allows support processes to be optimised, the number of incidents to be reduced, and management planning to be carried out.
The role will ensure operational deliverables are met and that service quality is maintained and continuously improved.