Purpose of Role
To provide service management and operational support. You will be working on an outsourced contract delivering service to a large blue chip investment.
You will have reporting into Head of Service Management which is a UK based role.
New Jersey City, USA
Leads the Service Delivery Management function for this large client, maintains and evolves the Service Management framework. Manages a small team of people that work for this client who are technicians. They will report solid line to this role for people, day to day management + career etc. and dotted line into a technical leader on this account.
- Delivers and runs service management operational processes and structure. This includes much of the ITIL stack – Incident, Problem, Change, Service Request, Major Incident management
- Within this; able to lead and run joint service management activities with the client – eg CAB’s, Service Reviews, Continual Improvement plans
- Ensures services are performed within contractual obligations – able to manage the business priorities of SLA’s, KPI’s and other strategic objectives daily.
- Fosters a positive collaborative relationship with the client and key stakeholders within Red Box.
- Works with sales to ensure there are no support barriers to revenue generation
- Leads a small team of technicians also working on this account – this would be non -technical direct management and would include:
- objective setting, day to day prioritization,
- rotas, 1:1’s, reviews
- integration of technical and SM resource to create single, cohesive team, in front of the client.
- Strong co-working with technical leader within this account who will provide technical direction and prioritization of this team
- Potential to multitask to take on additional accounts in the future and be able to balance those priorities.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent ITIL skills. Can act as an ITIL SME in core competencies
- Multiple years experience, in a Service Manager role
- Strong client skills. Used to fully client facing role
- Commercially astute
- Team leadership skills
- Can work in a matrix – has worked in a large multinational environment preferably
- Technical understanding is good enough to manage a technical team with a degree of authority to at least converse
- Self-starter – can work independently and prioritise, where manager is not in same location or even country
- Hands on attitude – flexible
- Regular travel to Columbus and New York
- Service Now skills are a bonus
- Flexibility to sometimes be on call or work outside of normal business for key projects etc.