About the Role
Red Box are recruiting for a talented and motivated QA Engineer to join the team on a full-time basis at our Bradmore, Nottingham Head Office.
You will be a self-starter and will be capable of making a valued contribution to the software development and testing process. You will relish the opportunity to work with the latest software technologies and development techniques. Working within a team where knowledge sharing and cultivation of talent from within is actively encouraged, your interpersonal skills will enable you to engage with internal stakeholders professionally and with a high level of credibility.
The overall objective of the role is to verify product functionality, usability and performance of both new and existing products prior to delivery to customers.
Primary Responsibilities include;
- Input into initial feature/project scoping and effort estimation;
- Design and execute test functions;
- Design and build automation scripts;
- Build and maintain test environments;
- Keep regression test documentation up to date;
- Document defects found and retest/review any resolutions;
- Summarise test results;
- Assist support and project office in functional/configuration clarifications;
- Reproduce customer failures where necessary;
- Review the recorder against new handsets/softphones and version upgrades.
- Higher Education Qualification or equivalent (desirable);
- Degree or equivalent (desirable);
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation (or studying towards).
Skills & Experience
It is essential that the successful applicant has, at least, significant applicable knowledge and skills in relation to the following:
- Experience of test techniques like BVA, EP, All-pairs;
- More than 3 years manual testing;
- Testing Process lifecycle;
- VSTS/Test Manager
- Defect management Workflow;
- 1 year coding experience in C# or Java;
- 1 year work experience of at least one of Selenium Webdriver, JMeter, Postman or SOAPUI;
- Ability to influence and drive best practice both within the test team and within the wider business;
- Good time management and the ability to manage multiple tasks and workflows;
- Understand of usability, accessibility and performance and how key users interact with the product;
- Structured and precise approach to testing and documenting results;
- Continuous Integration;
- Jenkins pipeline;