Introduction to Red Box
Red Box is the leading dedicated voice specialist, empowering organisations to capture, secure and unlock the value of enterprise wide voice. With the most open and connected platform, we capture and transcribe voice communications from over 55 systems (legacy and new), across global enterprises and SMEs. Our customers retain complete data sovereignty and we connect them to the broadest partner ecosystem to maximize the value of captured voice data.
Working with our global reseller channel and direct enterprise customers, we are trusted by leading organisations across financial, contact centre, government and public safety sectors (including six of the world’s top banks, 85% of global interdealer brokers, 1,700 call centres and over 70% of UK police forces) and we capture and secure millions of calls daily for over 3,400 customers around the world.
We are looking for technically skilled, driven and enthusiastic PBX/Contact Centre Engineer to join our Product function who has drive, passion for telephony platforms.
This role is placed in the Product Team and will work alongside the Connectivity Product Manager.
Office based 3-4 days per week, part time considered.
As the business moves to the next phase of its evolution, we are seeking a PBX/Contact Centre Engineer who has drive, passion for telephony platforms, technology and the ability to plan and communicate effectively. The role represents a unique opportunity for the right candidate to make their mark in an ambitious, successful and rapidly transforming business.
Purpose of Role
Owns the test lab environment. Deploy, operate and support for all the telephony system infrastructure which integrates with our software.
This role reports directly to the Connectivity Product Manager / Head of Product.
• Own and maintain proper running of the test labs
• Build and implement the changes to the infrastructure regarding all the different telephony (PBX) systems.
• Assist QA team and product during SAT certification process
• Create/update installation documentation and processes;
• Troubleshoot QA and Dev environment problems
• Develops and enforces policies, work instructions and procedures in support of company internal IT department.
• Reproduce customer failures where necessary;
• Review the recorder against new handsets/softphones and version upgrades
• Technical Certification (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA, AVAYA)
• Higher Education Qualification or equivalent (desirable);
• Degree or equivalent (desirable);
Skills & Experience
It is essential that the individual has, at least, significant applicable knowledge and skills in relation to the following:
• Virtualization concepts and experience with VMWare and MS Hyper-V
• At least one PBX knowledge (Mitel, Cisco, Avaya etc)
• MS Operating systems (Server 2012, Server 2016, Windows10, Linux)
• Networks and Active Directory, strong understanding of networking technologies (including TCP/IP, DHCP, VLAN, QOS and various WAN technologies
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Troubleshooting and resolving network/telecommunication issues
• Experience of SIP, RTP, G.711, G.729
• Voice and data products including CISCO Routers & Switches
• Good understanding of the telecommunications industry.
• Ability to work on own initiative with minimal support and also part of a team
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability
• Desire to work in a small, fast-paced organization
• Passionate about technology and lean product development practices
• Strong communicator and influencer
We love people who are interested in our company, market and products and people who can get things done!
We value people who can support our Red Box employee value proposition ‘courageous, competitive, collaborative’
Closing date: Friday 5th March 2021APPLY NOW
OTHERS VACANCIES YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN?
SEND US YOUR DETAILS