ABOUT THE ROLE
The role will be responsible for the management of all the escalated or major incidents from initial declaration, through to service restoration. Operating through customer facing teams, ensuring efficient resolution to minimise business impact whilst providing effective stakeholder communication.
The role will be an initial point of escalation for ensuring that both relationships and processes are operating effectively across lines of service and customers as per process.
Reports into Service Desk Manager.
- Take full responsibility for Major Incident management (Severity 1) from initiation until an acceptable client work around is in place.
- Own all communications during a major system outage ensuring management and clients are kept updated as required.
- Ensure post event/incident follow-up actions are documented and published in a Post Incident Review (PIR) for input into the Problem Management process.
- Modify Major Incident Manager Procedures and Responsibilities on an as needed basis.
- Review communications history for executive alerts, coaching those who produce alerts that do not meet or exceed our quality and timeliness standards.
- Acting as the incident escalation focal point, identifying and resolving conflict and bottlenecks. Create agreed action plans with named actions & deadlines with accountability for the delivery of that plan.
- Be part of a team providing 24x7 cover for major incident and crisis situations.
- Acts as point of contact for all Major Incidents and escalations (outside business hours, this will be on a Rota basis).
- Attends Change Advisory Board (CAB) or Emergency CAB meetings if required.
- Allocation of tasks and workload to 24 x 7 Service Desk and Support Engineers.
- Develop strong customer relationships, offering additional support and advice where possible. Be consistently professional in communication with the customer.
- Work with the customer and the business to identify and manage service improvement activities
- Act as an escalation point within the team ensuring all incidents are being dealt with.
- Ensure all SLA's are met and exceeded.
- ITIL Foundation certificate
- Project Management concepts & procedures