Introduction to Red Box
Red Box is a leading dedicated voice specialist, empowering organizations to capture, secure and unlock the value of enterprise-wide voice. With the most open and connected platform, we capture and transcribe voice from all major communications platforms across global enterprises and SMEs. Our customers retain complete data sovereignty and we connect them to the broadest partner ecosystem to maximize the value of captured voice data.
Working with our global reseller channel and direct enterprise customers, we are trusted by leading organizations across financial, contact centre, government and public safety sectors (including six of the world’s top banks, 85% of global interdealer brokers, 1,700 call centres and over 70% of UK police forces), and we capture and secure millions of calls daily for over 3,400 customers around the world.
Directly responsible for the company’s revenue and the supervision, motivation and management of the wider Sales teams to achieve and exceed company goals.
As the business moves to the next phase of its evolution, we are seeking a General Manager for EMEA who has drive, great customer relationship skills, a passion for technology and the ability to plan effectively. The role represents a unique opportunity for the right candidate to make their mark in an ambitious, successful and rapidly transforming business.
This role reports to the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO).
- Responsible for directing and managing all sales and business development operations.
- Define and implement plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s revenue and profit goals.
- Create a culture of success by providing strong day to day management, coaching and leadership for the sales and presales team.
- Define and implement a structure for the sales and presales team that will optimise sales performance and drive growth.
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required.
- Continually seek to hire new talent into the business and develop existing sales and presales resources.
- Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets.
- Work with the sales team to manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting as required by the business.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Collaboration with the marketing function to design and deploy successful channel and partner programs supported by strong collateral and marketing campaigns.
- Build key customer, reseller, and partner relationships and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base.
- Engage with Red Box Executive leadership team and company Board to provide relevant performance information and updates.
- Participation in any other activities, tasks or projects as reasonably requested by the business.
- Keep up to date with developments in the Telecoms, Voice Recording and Capture Sectors e.g. Social Media, news and competitive insight.
- Attend appropriate industry events including exhibitions and trade shows.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar sales management / leadership position.
- Ability to lead from the front – inspire confidence in both reports, peers and leadership team.
- Mentor, develop and challenge under-performance and implement corrective action as needed
- Expert knowledge and understanding of both direct and indirect sales models.
- Ability to develop and execute plans that deliver growth in our addressable markets.
- Relevant experience in the IT, software or telecommunications industries combined with domain expertise in the FS, Call Centre and Public Sector markets.
- Knowledge and experience of business and business practice in EMEA.
- Able to represent the organisation culturally and embrace the overall company strategy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal – highly numerate.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills with an ability to engage and motivate the team and wider organisation.
- Ability to engage with senior stakeholders within the business.
- Able to develop and oversee advanced quantitative analysis and extract actionable insights.
- Results and detail oriented, with strong commercial/business acumen.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key customers and partners.
- Strategic view and prepared to challenge existing thinking and propose new initiatives.
- MBA or Masters qualification
- Experience of voice recording
Key Perormance Indicators
- Achieve quarterly and annual billed bookings and revenue targets, which will be set by the business at the beginning of each financial year.
- Work with the sales team and the wider Red Box organization to grow the reseller base by establishing new contractual agreements with a number of new Channel Partners each year and complete the on-boarding and training process.
- Build the direct sales channel both “run rate” business and Enterprise in line with yearly quotas and opportunities.
- Ensure that the sales team develop and agree strategic business plans and / or territory plans for their channel partner and territories.
- Generate and maintain an opportunity pipeline with a minimum value of 3.5x annual revenue target.
- Develop a regional territory plan that articulates how the annual team target will be achieved.
- Ensure that the team maintain accurate and up to date records for all opportunities using the company CRM platform and provide regular forecasts and opportunity updates as required by the business.
- Collaborate with Marketing and the sales team to develop competitive and disruptive propositions that position Red Box favorably in our chosen vertical markets and serve to attract new prospective customers and partners.
- Participate in and, contribute to relevant meetings and initiatives as required, for example Product Steering Committee.
We value people who can support our Red Box employee value proposition ‘courageous, competitive, collaborative’
Closing date: Friday 21st May 2021.