ABOUT THE ROLE
Technically capable, you’ll be involved in the sales process from initial presales working with Red Box's Account Managers and our channel partners, right through to install. You'll be a clearly competent trouble shooter, able to resolve software, network and telecoms issues within a voice and data hardware environments both on site and in a virtual environment. Working closely with customers you'll clearly demonstrate both a high level of technical capability and be clearly competent in communication and solution focussed customer care.
A good team player, you work well under pressure, happy to support others in the team. Our engineers recognise the significance of owning and resolving issues and you’ll share that passion to deliver a first class customer experience.
Able to work in cross-functional teams and communicate with colleagues in both business and technical roles. Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload.
A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations with a can do attitude. You have a positive outlook and an outgoing nature with the willingness and drive to learn and develop within a rapidly expanding organisation.
- Attendance at customer sites for new installations, upgrades or resolution of faults, swap out of hardware or customer health checks, and driving customer satisfaction
- Providing support to the project office in regards to pre-requisition to ensure that the sales handover documentation is accurate, addressing any risks to ensure an effective deployment
- Applying quality management principals to ensure configuration and integration is delivered to meet customer requirements
- Provide training to the customer representative about the product usage and maintenance
- Where a case is raised for a current installation the engineer will ensure all SLA’s are met during the case life cycle through the timely resolution and effective communication escalating more challenging cases to the appropriate stakeholders
- Assess product / equipment performance based on field support data; recommending modifications or improvements to the appropriate stakeholders
- Prepare statement of works, high level and low level designs and assistance on project plans and discovery sessions
- Working with the team to ensure that the installation will meet customer expectation and deadlines
- Assigned project work, should be progressed and executed through to completion, providing regular updates to the project office, with mandatory installation acceptance documentation being submitted
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Engineering/technical background working with telephony and or turret systems in the financial services, call recording and other telephone applications such as CDR, call center or voice mail.
- Wireshark, Diags, SIP, VoIP, TDM and other standard telephony tools and protocols.
- Prior experience in banking and/or trading environments on telephony or IT applications is a major plus.
- MS Operating systems (Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 7,Windows 8), Internet Explorer and Firefox, PC Software applications install and modification
- Understanding of networking protocols, VMware and Cisco switching environments
- Hands on VOIP/SIP support experience, proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve network/telecommunications issues, voice and data products including CISCO Routers & Switches
- Demonstrable understanding of Networks and Active Directory, strong understanding of networking technologies (including TCP/IP, DHCP, SIP, RTP, G.711, G.729, H.323, VLAN, QOS, and various WAN technologies), VMware MS HyperV technologies and technical certifications (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA, AVAYA).
- Crucial to have worked within an organisation that develops and support software to global customers.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant technical subject or qualified through equivalent experience
- Has customer facing experience, being able to handle the pressure of supporting demanding customers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A good understanding of the telecommunications industry or similar would be an advantage