ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Customer Support Engineer within Red Box Recorders you will be joining a dynamic and customer focused operational team who are responsible for providing 24/7 care to our global customer base of around 2000 and growing rapidly.
The current opportunity is to join our 'Day' team based at our HQ in Nottingham
Already a global leader in voice and data recording solutions, Red Box Recorders need new talent to complement the existing Support team.
We’re a high growth SME with 5 years solid progression and a great vision of the future. If you’re looking to escape to a more dynamic and agile environment then, as an expanding SME, this could be the role for you.
Able to demonstrate your technical capability in 1st 2nd and 3rd line support with a strong understanding of network technologies, VOIP/SIP you’re clearly a competent trouble shooter, able to resolve software, network and telecoms issues in a within voice and data hardware environments.
A good team player, you work well under pressure, happy to support others in the team. Our engineers recognise the significance of owning and resolving issues and you’ll share that passion to deliver a first class customer experience.
Able to work in cross-functional teams and communicate with colleagues in both business and technical roles. Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload.
A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations with a can do attitude. You have a positive outlook and an outgoing nature with the willingness and drive to learn and develop within a rapidly expanding organisation.
- Once a support case has been established, through the helpdesk, a ticket will be assigned to a Customer Support Engineer with agreed timescales for communication and resolution
- During the life cycle of the case the engineer will ensure all SLA’s are met through the timely resolution and effective communication
- Using the CRM system to maintain real time accurate reporting of support cases
- Escalation of more challenging cases to support management
- Highlighting areas of risk as soon as they are apparent
- Detailed problem reproduction on support test labs
- Working with the team to ensure daily case load is well managed
- Communicating effectively with Helpdesk Analysts to ensure they can effectively communicate with the customer
- When required responding to incoming support calls and routing as needed to assigned support engineers and/or creating new cases during the initial customer conversation.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- We are looking for a highly technical support engineer who has experience in:
- MS Operating systems (Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 7,Windows 8)
- Internet Explorer and Firefox
- PC Software applications install and modification
- Networks and Active Directory, strong understanding of networking technologies (including TCP/IP, DHCP, SIP, RTP, G.711, G.729, H.323, VLAN,QOS, and various WAN technologies),
- Any additional experience in the following would be favourable:
- VOIP/SIP support
- Troubleshooting and resolving network/telecommunications issues
- Voice and data products including CISCO Routers & Switches, VMware MS Hyper-V technologies
- Technical certifications (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA, AVAYA)
- Previous experience in an organisation that develops and support software to global customers
- At least five years technical support experience within a software / hardware delivery function
- Has customer facing experience, being able to handle the pressure of supporting demanding customers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant technical subject or qualified through equivalent experience
- A good understanding of the telecommunications industry or similar would be an advantage