Purpose of Role
To develop quality software to support Red Box customer needs, both current and future.
Connectivity Development Team Leader
- Involved in input into initial feature/project scoping and effort estimation
- Responsible for accuracy of estimates at backlog refinement sessions
- Responsible for delivering on team’s sprint goals
- Accountable for delivering unit or BDD tests as part of any completed work
- Accountable for developing high quality code to meet the defined software requirements
- Responsible for supporting the team in delivering high quality code by carrying out code reviews
- Work with 3rd party APIs to provide high quality voice recording solutions
- Involved in supporting use of automated acceptance tests where possible
- Involved in release testing where necessary;
- Involved in assisting support and project office in bug fixing of released functionality
- Higher Education Qualification or equivalent (desirable)
- Degree or equivalent (desirable)
- Industry recognized software development qualification (desirable)
Culture & Experience
- The desire to work in a faced paced environment.
- Ability to self-manage.
- Knowledge of software development life-cycles.
- Deep programming language knowledge.
- Understands concepts of software engineering.
- Working as part of an Agile team, preferably in a DevOps environment.
- Creative and capable of presenting ideas for systems improvements.
- Socket APIs
- REST/Web APIs
- Prior knowledge or experience of telephony concepts beneficial
- Service Orientated Architecture
- Dependency injection
- TDD Unit Testing