Second line support engineers to deliver support to our customers for our voice and data products within a 24/7 department.
We have various roles available based in both Bangalore, India and Columbus, USA please get in touch for more information.
- Incident / Problem management ensuring all customer SLA’s and departmental KPI’s are achieved through the timely resolution and effective communication
- Communicating effectively with Helpdesk Analysts to ensure they can communicate effectively and manage the customer experience
- Detailed problem reproduction on support test labs
- Working with the team to ensure daily case allocation is managed
- Highlighting areas of risk as soon as they are apparent
- Perform change management including raising RFC’s
- Input to problem management highlighting situations which may require further ongoing investigation or may be relating to multiple incidents
- Development and management of knowledge base
- Communicate effectively with Helpdesk Analysts to ensure they can successfully communicate with the customer
- Troubleshoot and triage 3rd line faults through to development.
- Potential to work as part of a shift rota – to be agreed along with location as part of specific role
- Any adhoc duties as are reasonably requested by the business.
- A degree in a relevant technical subject (Desirable)
- CCNA Collaboration, Avaya, Mitel or similar Telephony certification (Desirable)
- Experience with SIP, RTP, G.711, G.729, H.323 or similar telephony exposure/knowledge – Highly desirable.
- ITIL V3 foundation
- Microsoft Windows Server - MSCE/MSCA
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years experiencing working within an IT/Telephony Support role
- Good Software skills including configuration and installation of Operating systems including server 2008 and 2012
- Knowledge on hardware
- Understanding of Network Technologies including TCP/IP DHCP, VLAN and various WAN technologies
- Good knowledge of how the Internet works (HTTP/HTTPS and DNS)
- Problem solving ability, creativity to "think-outside-the-box", proven track record in proposing and implementing new solutions for customers.
- Agility/ability to work at pace and to tight deadlines
- Customer Facing experience with ability to demonstrate being able to manage the support requirements of demanding customers
- Experience with Virtualisation (VM Ware, Hyper V and Virtual box)
- Knowledge of SQL, Apache, IIS, Telecoms and experience working in/and supporting contact centers/Financial services would be advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience on voice recording products – Highly Desirable